Valve said on their official Dota blog that there will be an update coming which will add Ranked Matchmaking. Arguably the best MOBA out there, players have had Matchmaker Ranks (MMR) but it has been invisible. The blog reads “This mode is aimed at experienced players who want to play in a more competitive environment and know their matchmaking rating (MMR). Dota 2 matchmaking has always calculated MMR and used it to form matches; in ranked matchmaking we make that MMR visible.”
They also layed out everything you need to know about the upcoming update
- Ranked matchmaking is unlocked after approximately 150 games.
- All players in the party must have unlocked the mode.
- Currently, only All Pick, Captains Mode, and Captains Draft are available.
- You may not participate in ranked matchmaking while in the low priority pool.
- Coaches are not allowed in ranked matchmaking.
- Matches played in normal matchmaking do not impact your ranked matchmaking MMR, and vice versa.
- Your ranked MMR is visible only to you and your friends. The MMR used for normal matchmaking is not visible.
- When you first start using ranked matchmaking, you will enter a calibration phase of 10 games. During this time, your ranked MMR will not be visible.
So now, those super-competitive players can now play with people on their own skill level and have some awesome battles, even if they last 45+minutes 😛 Get ready for when it launches, sadly no release date for the update. Click the above link for the entire blog post and even more detail.