Major Nelson has revealed that Xbox One is getting a media remote to help with blu-ray playback, tv show controlling and other media needs. It evens controls Kinect volume! The remote will launch early March and will cost $24.99.
Young Horses commented via Twitter in terms of the release date for Octodad: Dadliest Catch on PS4 and that “April is the PS4 goal. There was never a definite date, or delay.” Even though it was targeted for March, at least it isn’t too far of a setback.
Young Horse’s post also continued about an Xbox One version “Also, considering Xbox One means we thought about it in our brains.” Follow up tweets reveal that it is just a thought and that “Thinking does not equal doing.”
Dadliest Catch is already out on PC if you want to not wait for the PS4 version.
Bethesda has released a new trailer for the upcoming PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One title Wolfenstein: The New Order and has revealed that it will come out May 20th in North America and May 23rd in Europe.
The trailer also says that those who pre-order the game will get access to the long-awaited DOOM 4! YES IT DOES EXIST!!! Well, it has been re-titled just DOOM but still, FINALLY!!!!!!
Every week, Major Nelson posts on his blog about sales going on for the week on either Xbox 360 or Xbox One in terms of games and DLC in the Xbox Live Marketplace. This weeks sales are good until 2/24 so check your Marketplace for prices in your region.
Ryse – $39.99
- Ridge Racer Unbounded – 75% off
- Ridge Racer DLC Packs 1, 2, 3, 4 and Royal Purple Skin are all 75% off
- Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi – 67% off
- Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse – 75%
- Nascar Inside Line – 75% off
- Persona 4 Arena – 67% off
- Angry Birds: Star Wars – 50% off
February 18th-February 24th, Xbox One owners will be able to buy Ryse digitally through the Xbox Store for only $39.99, instead of the traditional $59.99 both digitally and in retail.
Microsoft has revealed this is due to both the new DLC coming out February 28th. More importantly, this is due to the feedback from fans complaining about digital prices being so high (I completely agree since we aren’t taking home a disk or box.)
This is a test, as they specified, to see how the cheaper digital prices play out. Expect to see other digital titles being cheaper for a limited time the rest of this month and hopefully Microsoft will drop digital prices in the future.
The Evil Within, which is in my top 5 most anticipated this year, will hit around the end of August for PS3, PS4, PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 and I cannot wait, although I have to.
The man behind the original survival-horror themed Resident Evil titles, Shinji Mikami, seems to take us back to the hybrid style we loved in Resident Evil 4 as opposed to the mostly-action styles of RE5 and RE6.
Get ready! Kinect Sports Rivals will be releasing April 8th in North America while European Xbox One owners can get in the action April 11th. The game will include six sports: Climbing, Wake Racing, Target Shooting, Soccer, Tennis and Bowling.
IGN is also reporting that Microsoft has announced a “teams and captains” system that depending on which team you choose, you will get certain attire, attributes and challenges.
- Wolf Clan, led by Captain Vargu, is described as “Island natives with a primal and uninhibited nature and a culture that prizes excellence”
- Eagle Legion, led by Captain Blake, is described as A “loyal and honorable group that have formalized the various events on this island and defeated countless teams in the proces”
- Viper Network, led by Captain Zara, is described as “crafty and ambitious drive coupled with cooperate sponsorship”
The climbing part seems real fun, and wake racer has been avaoilable for awhile as a pre-season sort of thing. If you are interested in this Kinect title, try out the wake racing “pre-season” and gear up for some competition coming up in a couple months!
After much teasing and wait, the Beta for Titanfall is here. It started out as a closed beta, but now Respawn has announced that it is in OPEN BETA for Xbox One owners.
In order to get the beta, go to the new game demos section of the store or you might see a section that says “Join the Titanfall Beta.”
PC players who have to play through Origin have been given a wider BETA option. Anyone who registered for the BETA before 4PM on February 15th is now included in the Origin-Exclusive PC Beta.
Turtle Rock Studio’s is showing us what we can expect in their upcoming 4 players vs 1 player game Evolve. 4 hunters are tasked to kill the player-controlled monster/beast that gains strength every match. Above is the new trailer sent out and below is some gameplay thanks to PlayStation Access.
Are you an owner of the Pin Ultimate Edition of Killer Instinct? Do you want another collector pin (of course, why else would you buy the Pin Ultimate Edition, right?) Then here is February’s Pin Ultimate Challenge: SUPREME VICTORY PIN!
Outlined on the PLAYXBLA Blog, Microsoft is asking Killer Instinct players to record their awesome “supreme victories” and send them in to get the SUPREME VICTORY pin to add to your Pin Ultimate collection. Here is how you do it:
- Record yourself getting a SUPREME VICTORY in an official Ranked match, recording from the time that the characters are introduced, all the way to the end when your SUPREME VICTORY is announced
- Edit your video via Upload Studio to make it as awesome as you can
- Upload the video to your Skydrive to get a sharable link
- Upload the Skydrive sharable link to email@example.com
- Type out a one-paragraph explanation of how your SUPREME VICTORY is better than anyone else’s using either the email you used for registering the Pin Ultimate Edition or your Microsoft Account email.
- Get your SUPREME VICTORY PIN!
Microsoft is also rewarding the 5 coolest SUPREME VICTORIES with an additional pin, the Glacius Pin (which is normally available for purchase.) The challenge ends February 26th so all submissions must be sent in before that date and you MUST REGISTER FOR THE CHALLENGE ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE END OF THE CHALLENGE, so it is best to register now.