Our new site has gone live! While we still work on the new layout, I am posting on that site now. Thanks everyone here on WordPress for being nice enough to support us and hope you will follow us over to the new site. The new site is http://www.npxnation.com
The 3DS/Vita handheld version of Batman: Arkham Origins is making the jump to consoles and PC and getting the usual HD remake and also new features.
- new map
- new hint systems
- objective tracking
- 5.1 surround sound
- fully voiced narrative
- All the un-lockable Bat-Suits will be included
Joystiq is also reporting that the game will cost $19.99
Originally an OUYA exclusive, Matt Thorson is bringing is wonderfully popular TowerFall over to PS4 being dubbed TowerFall: Ascension as a digital title. TowerFall is a 4-player archery combat platformer. If you haven’t seen this game, you are definitely missing out. Check out the video above.
Posting on the PlayStation Blog, Matt talks more about the PS4 version. TowerFall on PS4 will add 50 new versus arenas to battle on, making the total up to 120 ARENAS!!!! He also says that Ascension adds new variants to customize your matches as well as new power-ups.
Don’t like competitive multiplayer? No problem! Ascension comes with a brand new 1-2 player Quest Mode. Keeping the same 1-hit death mechanic as multiplayer, you and/or a buddy will quest through arenas defending yourselves against waves of monsters and enemies of all sorts (grim repaers, archers ghosts etc.)
I am very excited for this game. I haven’t played it on the OUYA but this looks like alot of fun to play 4-player with my buddies!
Santa Monica Studios has released a new trailer for their upcoming PS4 title The Order: 1886. While there still is no gameplay shown off, this video titled “The Pledge” vows that “order will be restored” in this time of “unrest, sedition and rebellion.”
It has been a wonderful 16 months in the wonderful, harsh world of Pandora for Borderlands 2. With a wealth of DLC already being given to us, we have grown in level, explored new places, met many people and killed many things. Sadly, it all must come to an end.
Gearbox Software has announced that their FINAL piece of DLC for Borderlands 2 will release April 15th for $2.99 and will be titled Sir Hammerlock vs The Son of Crawmerax. This DLC kidnaps Sir Hammerlock to an abandoned island resort and you must rescue him. 18 Months of DLC is really amazing.
NES Remix, released In December 2013, was a nice surprise and a great game for Wii U, or rather watch if you didn’t have a Wii U. With the success of NES Remix, comes the annoucement of NES Remix 2 during yesterday’s Nintendo Direct.
Remix 2 will release April 25th and cost $14.99 and contain the following games (12 of them). (Remix 2 also allows us to play through Super Mario Bros. as Luigi since Super Luigi Bros. is included and giving us his super high jump ability)
- Ice Hockey
- Wario’s Woods
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Dr. Mario
- Kirby’s Adventure
- Kid Icarus
- NES Open Tournament Golf
Wonder what remixes and new challenges will await us with this round of REMIX!
Nintendo Direct showed off alot of new features for Yoshi in his upcoming 3DS adventure, Yoshi’s New Island.
- When Yoshi gets attacked, Baby Mario will be knocked off Yoshi and you must re-collect Baby Mario within the time limit that shows up or you must start at the last checkpoint
- There are no stage time limits in the game
- Giant Eggs, or Mega Egg-Dozers, are in the game and can be launched to destroy pipes and blocks and can also collect coins
- Metal Egg-Dozers happen when you lick up a giant metal Shy-Guy by mashing a button. When you turn him into an egg, you get giant metal eggs that can be thrown on the ground to do the same things as Giant Egg-Dozers but the Metal Eggs allow you to go underwater as well
- Yoshi has new transformations and were shown off by the Jack-Hammer Yoshi, which in certain levels you can transform into a Jack Hammer to break rocks and collect coins using the gyro controls
- The Submarine Yoshi transforms you into a submarine-looking Yoshi and control your underwater movements using the gyro contols
- Collecting certain stars will allow Yoshi to transform into Super Yoshi, which can either fly in the sky like a “shooting star” or allow Yoshi to run super fast up walls and fast enough to break through pipes, walls and bricks
- Yoshi can fly through levels using a new item called Flatter Wings that appear purely on your play-style and how often you make mistakes. If you get one of these sets of wings, you can fly through the level instead of be on the ground
- Hidden collectibles such as the smiley flowers, red coins and stars make a comeback, so try to collect them all in every level
Not only is May 2nd the release date for Mario Golf World Tour on 3DS, but also for Kirby’s newest adventure in Triple Deluxe.
Triple Deluxe also has collectibles that Iwata talked about in the previous Nintendo Direct 2 days ago. Players will be able to collect Sun Stones and will get a “bonus” for collecting all the Sun Stones in a level.
Players will also be able to collect cool-looking 8-Bit Keychains through-out levels and with Street Pass. In levels you will sometimes come across special Waddles who normally give you items. However, if you recently street-passed someone, you will get better items. In addition, if that person you street-passed also has Kirby Triple Deluxe, you can also get some of the 8-Bit Keychains from Waddle.
Finally, we will be getting Mario Golf World Tour released on our 3DS/2DS, and we don’t have to wait long. May 2nd we can Tee Off with Mario characters or even using our own Mii’s against other players around the world.
A new single-player mode will be included called Castle Club. Castle Club is the mode where you can use your Mii character and customize your look as well as play the game and use the various training modes in order to brush up their skills before competing in tournaments.
PS4 owners can rejoice in knowing that the FFXIV MMO will be hitting the consoles April 14th and that beta starts February 22nd, alongside’s Japans PS4 launch date. But, did you know about 2 BETAS? Yes, 2 beta waves are coming to the PS4 version as well as other details.
- First Beta wave goes from February 22nd through March 3rd. During this time, PS3 and PC characters you created can’t be used and all characters will be wiped after March 3rd
- Second Beta wave is much shorter from April 4th through April 7th. During this time, you are allowed to use PS3 and PC characters you made and also the beta characters created in this time wave will import over to the full game’s release.
- After April 7th, there won’t be a need to import characters as all versions will play on the same servers.
- April 11th is the day you can start your import process from PS3 or PC to PS4 if you want to permanently have your account and/or players on PS4. Just a reminder, any characters or accounts transferred over can’t be played on previous-hosted platforms.
- The game supports Remote Play
- The game comes with mouse and keyboard support so PC players or those accustomed to MMO’s on PC can have the experience on their TV with the keyboard/mouse comfort
- The Dualshock 4 touchscreen is supported with in-game features (not mentioned)